Evening Snowshoe Hike at Fjellheisen
Picture yourself walking on a snowy mountain trail while dusk is settling over the island of Tromsø.
On this 3-hour tour, we will take you on a 1-hour guided snowshoe hike on top of Fjellheisen, and you will get to enjoy the breathtaking views of the city and its surrounding mountains. The perfect way to end your day in Tromsø and enjoy an active evening outdoors.
Our guide will meet you at the meeting point and bring you with a minibus to the lower station of the Cable Car (Fjellheisen Tromsø). Then, you will travel up by gondola to the upper station (Fjellstua), located on the mountain ledge Storsteinen, 421m above sea level. The hike on snowshoes will start from there.
Our guide will accompany you along the way to make sure you feel comfortable and confident walking on snowshoes and photographing all the magical moments duringa the tour. Finally, the hike will end back at the upper station, the Fjellheisen restaurant, where you will enjoy homemade waffles and a hot drink. Eventually, we will descend again by gondola and transfer you back to town by minibus.
Our primary snowshoe season is from November until May/June depending on the snowfall for that year.
- From November to the end of March, we can enjoy the night sky and have a chance to see the Northern Lights.
- From April to May, the season changes; the nights become more like blue twilight, which can create beautiful scenery of colours in the sky.
Meeting time: 19:15
Duration: 4 hrs (including transfers each way)
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 12
Minimum age: 4 years
When making a booking for a child, please kindly always inform us of the age, as our guides will then be able to prepare accordingly.
Difficulty level: Moderate. This tour takes place on moderately hilly snow-covered terrain between 0 - 20 slope degrees. Moderate tours are suitable for those in good physical condition. Everyone on these tours should be able to hike at least 1 hour at a moderate pace with breaks.
What is included in the tour?
- Transfers from/to the city
- Cable Car tickets
- English-speaking guide / Photographer
- Access to tour photos
- Hot drinks (coffee/tea) & waffle
- Snowshoes & poles
What to wear & bring with you?
- We recommend dressing in warm winter clothing and layers to adjust your clothing to the weather. For example, while walking, you might like to be able to take a layer off & while standing still and enjoying the view, you might want to have an extra layer.
Season: 15.12 - 15.05 (depending on snow conditions)
Meeting time & place:
19:15 at Basecamp Norwegian Travel Company, Sjøgata 16, 9008 Tromsø
The gondolas and the upper station's views are stunning and panoramic, providing a complete overview of Tromso City.